Sunday, July 9, 2017

How Lavender Got Me Driving Again

Last night, on the news, I found that there is a yearly lavender festival at the Lavender Merchant, a farm in Kuna Idaho. The next day, Sunday, was the last day. Lavender is like a siren calling me out to sea and I have great planting plans for it at our soon to be house. I had to go! Since arriving in Boise, I had only driven by myself to the thrift store a few blocks down the street from our apartment. Not usually hesitant to drive, this move had me dazed and more confused than usual. In Colorado, the mountains were in the West, here they're in the East; therefore, confusing my inner compass. But a lavender festival! I had to go and I had to do it myself, Don is not fond of mornings or heat.


 A merchant mentioned that by Sunday, most things and merchants are gone. Getting there in the morning is important, unless one enjoys temps of above 100. There is food, drink, and apparently a musician who wasn't yet there. Enjoy and purchase lavender oil, lotion, soap, sachets, etc. There were also lots of country decor items. One can grab a basket and picket a bouquet of lavender from the fields for 5.00. It was wonderful to be out in the countryside.







I couldn't resist a chair to paint a fun color and box to use as a planter. Very reasonable. So fun! 


This corn was more than knee high on the fourth of July. 



No comments:

Post a Comment