Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Old Olympic Venue




On my brother's recommendation, Don and I, braved a late night at the Old Olympic Hotel building to see Joe Pug. He really is quite good, reminiscent of Bob Dillion in his lyrics and style. The show started out with Heather Meuleman, then Nick Dleffs. I felt Nick's voice was more Bob Dillion-ish. They were on a couple hours. Cool venue (music rather loud, but we're seniors, what can I say :D); however, Joe didn't come on until 10:00. We left after three songs, having been worn out from two hours of feeling a bit battered. My beloved, who was a sound guy in the past, said they were too close to the mic and the voice/instrument balance was off, or something like that, which as too bad because I really liked the guy.









No comments:

Post a Comment